Monday, April 1, 2013

April FOOL-ery Ahead!

Happy April! Happy Spring! Good times ahead!
I foresee a nice beach day or a fabolous spa day.
Or cuddling up on my couch for a nice movie day
when it's raining. April showers are a comin' :)
Who knows.

Challenges for April.

1) Catch up on my reading (books & magazines), yes this is numero uno because I am so behind! Currently I'm reading Sacre Bleu for my book club. Also Slim for Life. I have about 20 magazines lol to catch up on from Shape to Cosmo. 

2) Replace junk food (chips, candy, chocolate, etc) with fruit. Anytime I had cravings - EAT FRUIT!




3) Don't eat anything between breakfast and lunch. Usually I would eat breakfast then a snack 2 - 3hrs later then lunch about 1.5-2hrs after that. I'm reading Jillian Michaels Slim for Life book and one of the tips listed is to not eat anything between breakfast and lunch. So I'm going to try it out! Requires me eating bigger breakfast that are about 400cal. I don't mind that :)

3.5) Yeah 3.5 - piggybacking off #3. I'm also trying to really stop eating 2-3 hrs before bed. It's so hard but I know it's not good for my health!

4) Yoga for 10 mins a day at minimum. Focus on strengthening the following poses: Wheel, headstand, and crow. If I'm unable to run then I will like to do Yoga at least 3 times a week. 


5) No weigh ins or measurements until end of Freakum Dress Challenge (April 20). My running group, BGR! Orlando, is doing a Freakum Dress Challenge. It started the 2nd week in January and continues until April 20th. On April 20th we will be going out and showing off our improved bodies in our freakum dresses. This may seem easy but I hate not weighing myself weekly to make sure I stay "on track" but at the same time this is something I want to push out of my life - the scale. 



Here are my before weight and measurements as well as my option 1 for freakum dress. :)





So that's all for me. Depending on the doctor, I will hopefully be able to run some as well! If so I will add in a mileage challenge as well! 




So how will you be challenging yourself this month?
How often do you weigh yourself? Do you even have a scale?
Spring or Winter?


xoxo, the coily bombshell
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...