Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Embracing Change.



"A year from now you will wish you had started today."  — Karen Lamb


Change is something many people fear. Fear of the unknown. When change happens you never know what to expect and that can indeed scare you. Unfortunately change can come in many different forms. Some good while others can be heartbreaking. Some you can prepare for while others hit you like a brick. I too am one of those people who fears change. I liked having a routine but I didn’t like the routine that I was doing if that makes sense. So I had to step out on faith and jump head first into a really big change.

A month ago, I landed in South Korea. Not to visit but to live. This was a grand change. A change that came with not only a new city, but an entire new continent and of course a new “career” that I had no idea how to do. I would have to make new friends, try new things, and start a new routine. This was change on a very high level. The ultimate change if you ask me and I didn’t know if I would be able to do it. But I have.


As of this moment, moving to Korea is honestly one of the best decisions I have ever made in my adult life. Yes it is very hard being away from my boyfriend, family, and friends but I can’t say I’m not happy. I’m very happy and I love it here. I love being in a new environment, a new culture and not to mention that getting to be a teacher is quite interesting. Apparently, I’m a natural – so my Coteachers tell me. Maybe they are just buttering me up. But I will take it. It feels great though and I know this opportunity will be an experience that shapes me into a better woman. I miss home but I’m very excited to see what these next 11 months have in store for me.

I guess change isn’t always so bad. At least not when you embrace it with positive thoughts and attitudes. So I challenge you all not to be afraid of change, embrace it. Even if it is a little change, it’s something and you never know, it can maybe change your life for the better.


P.S.: I am in the process of moving my blog to a new platform with a new URL. The site will go live the 1st week in April.  I'm excited for you guys to see the new site soon :)

 photo SignatureFabulous3_zpsfffe575f.png
Follow on Bloglovin
Want to share this post? It's easy! Just use the buttons below!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...