Thursday, February 19, 2015

My last 24 hours in the States.



Greetings J I’ve touched base in South Korea and it feels amazingly good. I’m pretty sure it’s because my mind is still in denial and thinks I’m just on one of my normal vacations. But I’m not. I live here now. This is my “home” for the next 365 days. Anyway let’s talk about my the 24 hours leading up to my flight.

I didn’t sleep for 24 hours. My flight from Orlando to New York was set for 7am on Tuesday Feb 17th.  Then I would be taking a 14.5 hour flight to South Korea. The night before my flight I didn’t sleep. I hadn’t planned too. I wanted to tire myself out so that I would sleep on the plane at least for the first half to try to reduce my jetlag as much as possible!

So the day before, I woke up super stressed and overwhelmed. I felt like I was having mini anxiety attacks. I couldn’t breathe. It seemed like so much had to be done in such a small frame of time. So I set out to run the last of my errands and finished cleaning up my stuff and moving things to storage. 

As the day went on my brain calmed itself down but I still had to keep myself busy to possibly avoid a breakdown. Talk about getting cold feet. It was insane. 

That night I spent my last hours with my boyfriend which was great J.  We went with some friends to see 50 Shades of Grey and had dinner. After that we headed back home and I prepared for my final hours. By the time 4:30am rolled around, life was pretty hectic again. I was still packing my bags and finishing up the BF gift and then before we knew it is was almost 5:30am and that was when I was suppose to get to the airport by. So I was running late and stressing out.

I get to the airport and it’s more crowded than normal. Everyone wanted to go somewhere Tuesday morning apparently -_-. So then I get to the front of the check in counter and of course one of my bags is over 50lbs. 53.4 to be exact. And by some miracle of God I was able to take out my 'if I get homesick' candy and stuff them into my already overpacked carry on. This allowed me to get  my suitcase down to 51.5 and they didn’t charge me overage for that! By the time I finished checking in my bags, it was 5:55am. I ran back outside to say my final see you in a long time from now to my love and then it was off to TSA.

Going thru security took for freaking EVER. My flight was boarding at 6:25 and it was already 6am. The line for TSA was ridiculously long and then because I was having the best luck of my life that day, they of course needed to search my carry on because they lady thought I had things over 3oz. WHICH I DIDN’T…. she just didn’t know how to read the screen apparently. So I get past security and it’s 6:30.  Anywho against all odds, I made my first flight thank you Jesus.

Now onto NYC. Let’s just say as of now I hate JFK airport if you have to do connecting flights in different terminals. I flew into the Jetblue terminal which is terminal 5 and my international flight was in terminal 4 so I had to walk 10+ mins from the terminal with my heavy carry on luggage just to get to the train that would take me to terminal 4. Theeeennnn I had to go back through freaking security in that terminal. It was all so much fun. Luckily I had about 3 hours between flights.

After getting to my gate, I met up with some fellow EPIKers and we chilled out until it was time to board. Boarding was quite interesting to me. They didn't have boarding zones. Apparently people just get in line and board the plane in no specific order. We didn't realize that until the line was super long. #Foreignerproblems .  Anyway boarded the plane and was hoping for a row to myself but of course I would not be THAT lucky however I guess the plane Gods were looking down on me and there was no one in the middle seat. Before I knew it, we were backing out. I text my last see you laters/I love you/ Miss yous and settled in for my 14.5 hour flight...

Next stop, South Korea...

 photo SignatureFabulous3_zpsfffe575f.png
Follow on Bloglovin
Want to share this post? It's easy! Just use the buttons below!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...