Monday, April 8, 2013

The Scoop - Shape Magazine April Edition.

OMGawd I am becoming a magazine hoarder.


I have so many Magazines that I haven't read.
I love health and fitness magazines - obviously - and I am subscribed to about 3 of them. 
Shape, Women's Health, and another one I can't remember at the moment.
2 fashion/beauty type magazines as well. 
Glamour & Allure.
& I occasionally pick up Cosmo off the stands.
& don't read it.
Hoarder.
Sigh. I need to start finding time to read them again. 
Well I found some time yesterday to catch up on the latest Shape. 
Here's some things that I found intriguing, helpful, motivating, etc in this edition & thought I'd share. 

Queen Bey on the cover.

Loved this quote by Beyonce.

Favorite photo!
Her body is fierce.



The workout of the month involved a foam roller.
I am going to do it at least once.
Especially since I got a foam roller yesterday!



Trend Check.
Any of these fall on your fav lists??
I would love to try Crossfit, Barre Classes, and do a mud run!


They have a 3 page spread
about bags. I was in heaven. I'll take them all.
In case you missed the memo.
I am a purse addict.
That one in the top right is a Gucci.
Ahh one day. One day.



This is a cute little gadget that goes on your thumb.
You use it for interval training. 
It cost 30 bucks.
Looks cool.



So does this mean that because I workout for about 6 - 7 hours a week, that I've increased mine by 7 years ???!



Cool site that allows you to train with a personal trainer via webcam.



This website seems cool. I'm going to check it out.
I'm all about deals. 



Good info for newbie and possibly non newbie runners regarding injuries
and preventing them. Sorry if you can't read it :-/



Be positive when it comes to losing weight.
Think yourself thin.



I always say I want to send my story but at the same time my story isn't complete.
I.E. my journey isn't done.
However I think I'm going to still submit my story.
I mean what are the odds that I'd get picked!



I feel this is so completely true!
I get bored easily which is why I love challenges
and trying new things to stay in shape.



Some different workouts to incorporate into my running.
Speed, endurance, and tempo.
I definitely can use this. 
I want to improve my speed.
Get down to a solid comfortable 9 min mile by the end of the year.
Set goals.



There were also a few recipes that I want to try. Look so good.
Especially this one Spaghetti recipe.
Mmmm I love Italian food.

.....

Maybe if I do weekly blogs like this about a 'Zine I will catch up.
Hmmmmm. 
It's like Hoarders Anonymous Step 1.

What is your favorite magazine?
Did you read this issue of shape?
Do you love Italian food? 



xoxo, the coily bombshell

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo- Preshii, we get to do the green smoothie challenge together!!! Less than to wks away now. :p

    I love your blog, girl - hope you'll do some GSC recaps / personal experience posts. :)

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited and I definitely will blog about it!!!
      So happy to hear you enjoy my blog <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...