Tuesday, April 16, 2013

We are Strong. We are united. We will not run in fear.

I am so moved by seeing all the blog post and news stories
 about how people (especially my fellow runners)
are reacting positively (through their anger and hurt)
 to what happened yesterday at the Boston Marathon.




As a runner, I refuse to fear my sport.
I refuse to not ever run again.
I refuse to let a terrorist dictate my life.
My happiness. My love for running.
So how will we fight back as runners?
We will run.



My running group, Black Girls Run! Posted this yesterday.
It's a Bib we can print out and wear.


For the next 3 days go out and run.
Run for Boston.
Run for those victims.
Run for your community.
Run for you.
3 days. 3 distances.
You can choose to run 2.62 miles.
Or 26.2 minutes
Or if you're really up for the challenge 26.2 miles.
Don't think just do.
Run For Boston.
& if you can't run, walk.

Also,  Janae at The Hungry Runner Girl,  did an amazing post that features a lot of great other posts regarding this tragedy and how we as runners are coming together. Check it out!



xoxo, the coily bombshell
.....
Please subscribe via email, RSS or follow via BlogLovin :)
Comments are encouraged and appreciated!
Thank you for reading :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...