Monday, November 17, 2014

My EPIK Adventure | Documents sent!

Well guys the true waiting begins.  I finally got my documents sent off.  On my first post about this adventure I was waiting for my Criminal Record Check (CRC) to get back to me. Well the one I sent directly to the FBI - I'm still waiting on it!! Luckily there is an option to go through a channeler. It's more money but much quicker. Took all of a week. Unfortunately I lost out of the $18 I sent directly to the FBI. But oh well. I've come to realize, one thing about getting to Korea (or any country I suppose to teach abroad) is that it is quite expensive! With my TEFL certificate, getting my CRC + apostilled (twice), getting my degree notarized + apostille, getting transcripts, getting fingerprints done, sending documents off to places .... sigh money has gone gone gone. I don't even want to try and add it up! However, I shall not complain because this is something I want. I just hope my next purchase is my plane ticket :) - though that will be reimbursed! 

Anyway I just wanted to give a quick update for those who do care to follow me on this journey! My EPIK coordinator told me to just be patient and she will let me know as soon as she hear's something but it probably won't be until mid to late December.



Oh yeah I have also begin working on my korean language learning. I even have a skype tutor that I skype with twice a week. It has been helpful but my difficulty lies with speaking. I plan to start recording myself and my progress. I just want to be able to speak enough to help myself get around and / or ask for help. Holding a simple conversation would be nice too. :)

Oh and I changed my placement request location from Daegu to Gwangju. But like I said before, I am flexible. I'm hoping for a city though but I know wherever I get placed, I will survive and find happiness there :).

Timeline.

August 6 | Submitted application
Oct 1 | Received email that I passed the first phase and would be schedule for an Interview
Oct 7 | Had interview
Oct 9 | Received email that I had passed the interview!
Oct 16 | Application for CRC received by channeler [nationalbackgroundcheck]
Oct 28 | Received CRC back from channeler
Oct 28 | Sent CRC to get apostilled through US Legalization
Oct 30 | US Legalization emailed that CRC had been received and would be return on Nov 5th.
Nov 7 | Received Apostilled CRC
Nov 12 | Sent documents off to EPIK office.
Nov 14 | Email that documents had been received {quicker than expected!)

Okay time for me to get my day started!
안녕히 계세요 [that's bye in Korean :)]


 photo SignatureFabulous3_zpsfffe575f.png
Follow on Bloglovin
Want to share this post? It's easy! Just use the buttons below!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...