Thursday, October 16, 2014

OTF: Week 5 Update! 1 more week!

Week 5 is come and gone! This week I felt some anxiety. Not a lot but a little.


I think it is because the competition is reaching the end. No times for mess ups or slip ups. My eating this past week was pretty great I would say. I had my "cheat meals" on Thursday. I ate about 1800 calories that day out of my allotted 1770 (1200 budgeted calories + 570 exercise calories). So yes I went over a bit but not much. What I called my cheat meals were Amy's Spinach Pizza - so yummy! and while I was watching Shonda Thursday's with the boyfriend and friends, I had 2 cookies and 1 small scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was all delightful in my tummy. 

For cheat meals I don't always feel the need to have completely unhealthy food. Usually I'm not even craving that. But sometimes things that aren't really unhealthy are still higher in calories so I tend to avoid them to stay within my daily calorie budget so I consider them my cheat meals when in essence most people would be like that is not even a cheat meal lol!

Other than that I ate pretty clean all week. Proud of myself. However, I still managed to gain .2lbs. I'm not totally bummed. I'm on my menstrual this week and hoping that is why I am holding on to this weight and next week at the final way in I will blow them away with a 5lb weight loss. Yes that is what I am hoping for :). 
Also the problem could be I am not eating enough on my workout days. Prior to tuesday, my net calories averaged about 750. For those of you who don't know what net calories is:

Budgeted calories + food consumed calories - exercise burned calories = Net calories
Ex. 1200 budgeted + 1335 food consumed - 563 exercise = 773 net calories for that day. 

Now there is a huge debate about whether or not you should eat back the calories your burn while exercising so that your net calories is at least 1200. This is so your body won't go into starvation mode and slow your metabolism down causing you not to lose any weight. So maybe just maybe I need to start making sure I am consuming enough on my workout days to at least get to 1200 net calories.
I plan on doing that this week and hopefully it positively effects my weight loss. 
Anywhoooo back to OTF....

I have been pushing myself. That is what I truly love about Orange Theory Fitness. I feel like I've never really pushed myself like this. Especially being that I am able to work on my speed and inclines on the treadmills. Though I have done a bootcamp before, we weren't able to do that because we didn't have such machines. I really see myself reaching my goal body in a few months if I stick with OTF! 

Oh and craziness of the week. On Saturday I get to my workout and come to find out most of the electricity is not working. So we didn't use our heart rate monitors (so you won't see a report below) because the TVs weren't working, some of the treadmills were down, and to top it off, THE AIR CONDITIONER DIDN'T WORK.  Talk about an intense workout. I didn't think I was gone make it LOL. I felt like my trainer was apart of B613 (Scandal reference) and we were his next victims. 

My face after the workout.

On a less killer note, I upped my base pace to 6.5mph. I am also able to do 10.5mph all outs for 1 min. I be flying! If I really push myself for the 30 second all outs I can put the speed at 11mph. I am slowly working my way up to 12mph for the 30 second all outs. I hope to reach this goal before the end of the year. 

Another highlight is unlike last week, I nailed these workouts by maintaining a good amount of time in both green and pink zone. It is said to have nailed a workout when you spend 25 - 35 minutes in the green zone and 12 - 15 minutes in the orange (currently pink) and red zone combined. 


Weekly Training Report

Thursday - 10.9.14

Sunday - 10.12.14

Tuesday - 10.14.14

Wednesday - 10.15.14











Stats | Weight:
9.9.14: 174.2
9.18.14: 168.4 (-5.8)
9.25.14: 168.6 ( +.2 -- Didn't expect much change thanks to Vegas!)
10.2.14: 169.6 (+1)
10.9.14: 163.4(-6.2) ^_^
10.16.14:163.6(+.2 - bah humbug!)





 photo SignatureFabulous3_zpsfffe575f.png
Follow on Bloglovin
Want to share this post? It's easy! Just use the buttons below!


 photo SignatureFabulous3_zpsfffe575f.png
Follow on Bloglovin
Want to share this post? It's easy! Just use the buttons below!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...