Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Banana Mango Melon Green Smoothie


This afternoon I got into a mini funk.
I went to Starbucks and got my beloved Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Frap 
& warm butter croissant and all was better. 
That's all it took.

So Today's Green Smoothie was ALMOST a fail.
So here's how it went. Play by play.
My first ingredients were: Avocado, cantaloupe, kiwi, spinach, water and ice. 
Blend well. 
Taste. 
Oh my gawd this is awful.  
I wonder if I add a little bit of a protein milk drink.
Just a splash.
Blend.
Ewww still terrible.
Open freezer.
Oh wait, I wanted to add frozen mango.
Add in some mango. 
Blend again.


Hmmmm better but still not there. 
Take a few more sips. 
Yeah better but I'm going to add banana anyway.
Banana always makes green smoothies muchhhh better
Blend well once more hopefully. 
Taste. 
AWESOME SAUCE! Winnning!!!


Banana Mango Melon Green Smoothie
A couple ounces of water
handful of ice
1 kiwi
few slices of avocado
few chunks of cantaloupe
few chunks of mango
half or a large banana or one small banana
dash of milk if you dare.
Blend well.
Enjoy.


It came out such a beautiful green color.
Sorry, I don't measure how much of each thing I use :-/

How has your day been?

xoxo, the coily bombshell ..... 
Please subscribe via email, RSS or follow via BlogLovin :) 
Comments are encouraged and appreciated! Thank you for reading :)

6 comments:

  1. I'll have to try that one! Today I did spinach, frozen blueberries, a little bit of half and half, flax seed, a little bit of honey, and cottage cheese. Turned out great! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm going to follow you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never added flax seed! Being meaning too! Also mmmmm honey sounds good to add!! Thanks so much for following :)

      Delete
  2. I will have to try that one- today I'm going with a pre-made NAKED drink!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...