Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Better late than never. 8 months to go.

Chobani 10 for 10 


remix.
8 for 8 !

It's something that definitely intrigued me.
I suck at sticking to goals that I make
and at 25 years of age, I need to do better
if I want better for my life in general.
So with that said I'm joining the Chobani challenge.
A little late in the game but hey it's better than not challenging myself.





May:  Get more organized && Run Less Strength Train more.
I need to start getting into the habit of organization.
I'm one of those, I need a schedule and to do list to actually get things done.
Without it, I'm all over the place.
I need to schedule out time to eat, sleep, poop (okay not really), workout, do homework, blog, read, write, and relax.

No surprise that I love to run but cardio is not going to help me blast this belly fat.
I have a lot of excess fat and some excess skin (tmi?)  and to get ride of it I need to lower my body fat.
Currently I'm at about 30% BF. I want to be below 25%  so I need to up my strength training.
It will be hard but I'm going to cut back to running 2 days a week (3 some weeks) and amping up my strength training. Will start Monday, May 20th. Thinking about maybe the 12 week Live Fit plan.





June: No eating after 8:30 & Apply apply apply.
This will definitely be a challenge for myself.
I almost always snacking at night while watching my shows.
But I am trying to break that habit and stop eating 2 - 3 hours before I pass out.
I also need to apply for internships/jobs.
Currently I don't LOVE what I do and in order to be successful
you need to be happy and enjoy what you do.
I am in the field of Information Technology so the possibilities are endless.
So many paths, I just have to find the one I love
So I can let my inner geek shine!



July: 26 random acts of kindness. (Stole this idea from Cori.)  
&& Find a half marathon to do this year.
I recently received a random act of kindness of my car window and it absolutely made my day.
So why not pass it on.
In July I want to do 26 random acts of kindness in honor of me turning 25 + 1.
Half mary's are a comin'.
I am scared to do one. I'll admit that. I don't want to rush into them. I want my first one to be relaxed and just fun so I'm taking my time on doing one. But I would like my first one to be in Ocotber/November. Like my official year of running gift to myself.



August:  Learn something new && create budget for next year trip
I love learning new things but don't take the time to do so.
So I am going to take the time!

I am determined to go to Europe for a month next year and visit all the different cities. So I have to start budgeting. I prob should start now but I have a cruise coming up next week then my birthday trip then some other stuff. You get it, August is better.


September: Try a new vegetable & cook more.
I am a former picky eater which means I don't really eat much new things.
But I am more open now especially since I want to expand my healthy eating cooking and such.
So I will try a new vegetable.


October:  Do something adventurous.
I don't know what but something.
Something adventurous.



November: Participate in Nanowrimo
I really love writing. I am going to be an author one day.
November is national novel writing month.
Nanowrimo is a writing project, where writers try to write a novel in the month of November.
I am going to really try this year.


December:  Send out christmas cards by Dec 15th.
This is something I've never done but now that most of my close friends are not within close proximity this seems like a fun thing to do.


Feel free to join in!
Better late than never :)
Happy May!
Is there anything special you're doing this month??

-I'm going on a Cruise!


xoxo, the coily bombshell 
..... 
Please subscribe via email, RSS or follow via BlogLovin :) 
Comments are encouraged and appreciated! Thank you for reading :)

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...