Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WIAW: Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread.

What I Ate Wednesday?!
A little bit of this and that.




Here are a few things I ate these past few days.











Then there was Banana Bread.




I never had banana bread.
Shocker being that I LOVE 'naners!
Oh those little yellow goddesses.  Nom Nom Nom.
I stumbled across this Chocolate Marble Banana Bread recipe on Cooking Light. made with greek yogurt!
So I figured why not give it a GO!


At first, I was like this is a fail.
It looked like it was burning and cooking way too fast on the top and wasn't going to be done inside. I let it cook the entire time it was suppose to though. Took it out the oven and was just like well it's not pretty like the picture. But you know what guys ... FORGET THE PICTURE... It was sooooo good! Nice and moist and good. I made small changes to the recipe.

Coconut sugar instead of regular sugar.
2 tablespoons of butter instead of 1/4 cup.
2 tablespoons of applesauce (to substitute for the rest of the butter)
1/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips instead of 1/2 cup.
I used Chobani low fat plain greek yogurt of course.

If you like Banana bread or never tried it. I approve this recipe. Double stamp and notarized.

Next Banana bread recipe will be one that Katie at Talk Less, Say more just posted today.
It's a Cinnamon Banana Bread recipe. I also want to try the one Karen at Runner Girl Eats posted from Hungry Meets Healthy! Oh la la.




What was the best thing you ate today?
- I LOVE my turkey spinach wraps from my job
How has your eating been lately?
- Kind of sucky. Lots of unnecessary snackage.






xoxo, the coily bombshell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...