Saturday, May 25, 2013

Don't you just hate...

Good morning bombshells and gentlemen! Happy Saturday! Happy 3 day weekend for most! 


Last night I decided to use my bestie, google, to look up some alternative toppings for pancakes other than the dangerous high fructose corn syrup ones Aunt Jemima and 'nem be throwing in my face at the grocery store. I know there's Agave, and honey, and even the coconut nectar I had but I wanted to know all my options. Well I came across a few I want to try, like homemade blueberry syrup and most importantly applesauce. When I saw that option it intrigued me. Blew my mind a little. Applesauce on top of pancakes. Things that make you go hmmmmm.





So I instantly wanted to try it, like right then, but decided I'd wait until morning and make those egg white oatmeal pancakes again and top them with hopefully awesomeness.

Well things didn't go quite as planned. I finished making the pancakes, grabbed my large jar of unsweetened applesauce out of the fridge, opened it up and BAM -  it had gone bad. Just my luck. Don't you just hate that? When you're gongho about something and then it's a #FAIL. Blasphemy.


So I sucked it up and instead warmed up some honey with a dash of cinnamon in the microwave and used that instead. Next time it's me and the applesauce.

Sorry I ate it too fast to take a pic. o_O

Anywho, enough of that, I'm about to get ready to go to a yoga class. Hopefully it gets my afternoon off to a great start and then it's errand running (i.e. shopping) after that before it's time to come back home and bury my face in my studies.

Have you ever used applesauce as a topping on pancakes? 
What are somethings you just hate when they happen?
Memorial day weekend plans?


Studying. Those are my plans. I bore me.


xoxo, the coily bombshell

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...